Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another site using Apple s name,

i was on my i pad when I received an e-mail telling me that I had won a new Galaxy tablet as I used an Apple product to sign into Facebook frequentl,it told me to pay £1 towards the postage and that would be sent out to mew,,so I never done anything else, I had thought that because I totally trust Apple that I would have nothing to worry about,,so I thought I was getting a rather nice gift from Apple. Then I got a e-mail from a company called FUNCKYCLOCK please everyone remember this name,,they said thank you for joining their site and because I hadn't been in touch with them they had upgraded me and then they took £74 OUT of my bank account I'm in so much shock of this now I have found out it has nothing to do with Apple or Facebook they used their names at the beginning of the con so people like me trust everything and pay the £1 cost with my bank details,,I have to get this out so no-one else falls for this,,,I am trying right now to get my money back but e-mails I'm sending they are sending yet another excuse back to me telling me to sign into their site and I will get a welcome pack,,,well I'm not doing that and I am just trying to get my money back,,I wanted Apple to know and other people don't look at this page it is nothing but a con.

APple I think you should look into it further and tell them to stop using your name,,,,Remember the site is called FUNKYCLOCK

Jacqueline

<Email Edited by Host>

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.1, null

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:43 AM

9 replies

Mar 3, 2015 10:50 AM in response to JAQX119

Firstly - why would Apple send you anything to do with an Android device ?

Secondly - why on earth would you give your bank details to an unsolicited message appearing on your e-mail.

It's not just that site you need to wary of - there are thousands out there. Always be on your guard about unsolicited mail shots and/or messages.

I guess you have learned the hard way.

Mar 3, 2015 11:09 AM in response to JAQX119

JAQX119 wrote:

I wanted Apple to know and other people don't look at this page it is nothing but a con.

APple I think you should look into it further and tell them to stop using your name,,,,Remember the site is called FUNKYCLOCK

Jacqueline

Thanks for letting us know but some of us already know that the internet is full of con artists. Apple can't and won't police the internet. Gullible users like you are the reason why scam like this still exists today. Sorry to say that you have to kiss your money good bye. I hope they only took out £74. Contact your bank and ask them to change your account number. If you don't take actions, they will take out more money out of your account. That's a guarantee.

edit

They're not even using Apple name. They said you won a Galaxy tablet (not Apple). You're the one using Apple product.

Mar 3, 2015 11:14 AM in response to dilbert41

dilbert41 wrote:

Secondly - why on earth would you give your bank details to an unsolicited message appearing on your e-mail.

It's not just that site you need to wary of - there are thousands out there. Always be on your guard about unsolicited mail shots and/or messages.

Sadly, there are still many users who would respond to mail spam or pop-up scam. I know a few. The internet is a dangerous place for these people.

Mar 3, 2015 11:30 AM in response to JAQX119

I had thought that because I totally trust Apple that I would have nothing to worry about,

Apple cannot protect you against malicious email. You have to be careful.

Never give out bank information on the internet. Do not use a debit card. Use a credit card instead. In the USA, you are only liable for the first $50 for a credit card transaction. Most cards wave this fee. Giving a credit card company a call and they can usually reverse the bad charges.

Oct 21, 2015 9:16 PM in response to JAQX119

Hi guys, can I just WARN EVERYONE on here that there are quite a few sites using Apples' name and actually stating that they ARE PARTNERED with them!

I have been in touch with Apple and they say that they ARE NOT partnered with ANY of these sites 'offering' the Apple IPhones,the latest one being IPhone 6s!

I Know that FUNKYCLOCK is the topic of conversation on here at the moment BUT you ALL NEED to BE AWARE that there are at LEAST ANOTHER 4 that I'm aware of !, they are :- ROCKYFROGGY, VIRGIN MEDIA, LOTTO24 i.e and LUXQUIZ!

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO THESE SITES!,they are clearly SCAM artists and the mention of cancellation after the 3 day TRIAL PERIOD is in small print at the bottom!

It also ONLY GIVES 1 IPHONE out to a 'lucky winner' from a 'draw' of 500 people who sign up!,personally I think the 'lucky winner' is a FICTITIOUS PERSON as I have been looking at some of the 'winners' comments on FACEBOOK and over the period of over a MONTH the SAME 'winners' have appeared EVERY TIME and it says the 'comment' was left '12 minutes' BEFORE! BUT ALWAYS ON THE SAME DAY WITHIN 2HRS OF EACH OTHER!?!,that adds up to MORE THAN 1 'WINNER PER 500 customers!,how can that be right when the EXACT SAME 'winners' left the EXACT SAME MESSAGE 3-4 WEEKS AGO if not LONGER?!?!

These companies ARE NOT PARTNERED WITH APPLE and if you sign up then you WILL DEFINITELY be RIPPED OFF!

I Sincerely hope this info helps some of you guys BEFORE you find these sites and lose your hard earned money!

GOOD LUCK GUYS!,PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO STOP OTHER PEOPLE BEING IN THE SAME POSITION YOU FOUND YOURSELVES IN!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!

Another site using Apple s name,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.