Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 3: multiple audio tracks.

Hi all,

I am needing to convert some footage for an international delivery and am having a challenge with the audio portion. The client has requested a quicktime file with 4 audio tracks (a full stereo mix, and a stereo music/fx mix). I can export this from FCP7 with no problems. BUT, my issue is here. My native audio is in 16bit/48k (little endian). The client requests the audio to be in 24bit/48k (Big endian). In compressor, I am able to select 24/48, then uncheck little endian. Then I set it to have 4 audio tracks. BUT, when the conversion is done, my final video only has two audio track (1 stereo) and I can tell that it has merged the 2 stereo pairs together instead of keeping them separate. Is there a way in Compressor 3 to achieve what I need? Could I do it in Compressor 4?

Here are my specs:

Original:

DVCPROHD 1080i60, 29.97fps

16bit/48k (little endian)

Delivery:

PRORES422 (HD), 25fps

24bit/48k (big endian)

Thanks for any advice!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 11:22 AM

There are no replies.

Compressor 3: multiple audio tracks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.