Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had a question a couple of days ago regarding "flash mail". The answer I received seemed to take care of the problem but I noticed today the icons are still on my launch pad and they won't move to the trash can. What next?

I was able to remove all of the files to remove "Flashmail". Thank you. Today I noticed the icons for "Flashmail" and "Webtools" are still on my launchpad. I can't move them to the trash. How do I get rid of them?

iMac, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:27 AM

4 replies

Apr 20, 2015 1:08 PM in response to geraldfromgrass valley

Not sure if the following will also work for removing Webtools from your launchpad, but from personal experience it should remove flash mail. I used the terminal to remove flash mail and I will assume you have no experience with the terminal.

1) Launch the Mac Terminal. In my MacBook Air it's located in the launchpad in the subfolder named "other" and is simply called "Terminal".

2) In the terminal execute the command "cd Applications". (Without the quotes of course).

3) Run the command "ls". This will simply print the contents of the application folder so Flash mail should show up in the folder and hopefully Webtools as well.

4) Now you just need to remove them. Run the command "rm -rf name". Instead of name, after "-rf" type in what you want to delete.

For example "rm -rf Flashmail.app"

5) If web tools also showed up after you completed step 3, then repeat step 4 to remove web tools.

I had a question a couple of days ago regarding "flash mail". The answer I received seemed to take care of the problem but I noticed today the icons are still on my launch pad and they won't move to the trash can. What next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.