Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital AV Adapter not adapting my digi AV

I've had a lot of trouble getting the connection started between my 5S & my TV. After the cables are connected, I'll begin playing a video, see the 'connected to TV' message on the phone screen, see maybe a second of video on the screen, then the connection ends and the video begins playing on the phone. In the past I'd have to do this over and over until the connection finally took, but now I can't get a stable connection at all. I've closed all other running apps on my phone and tried a few different HDMI cables, and connected the charging cable without any results. Any tips?

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:31 AM

Try resetting the iPhone.

Hold down the home and power/sleep buttons 10 to 15 seconds or until the Apple Logo shows up. (No data should be lost)

When the iPhone reboots, plug the adapter back in, and make sure its set on a flat surface, so the adapter is not moving, as that can sever the connection.

3 replies

Digital AV Adapter not adapting my digi AV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.