Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been sending email from two computers on the same Mail OSX email account, how can I combine these contacts and emails on the same computer?

I have been sending email from two computers on the same Mail OSX email account, how can I combine these contacts and emails on the same computer?

I need to preserve all emails as they were sent. Destination computer is imac, OS 10.9 - old computer is OS 10.6.8. both have same email account, but different archives. I want to get rid of the older computer. They are on the same network, but are not "networked" with permissions.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), the other computer is OSX 10.6.8

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 11:26 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 1:48 PM in response to mickfromvenice

If the iMac has a firewire port you can connect the two computers in target disk mode, the iMac being the host and the old computer the target.

How to use and troubleshoot FireWire target disk mode - Apple Support

Once connected the hard drive of the second computer will be mounted on the iMac desktop.

Open mail on the iMac. Click File / Import Mailboxes... then navigate to the mailboxes in the old computer, select the folder with the mail you wan to move and click Choose.

(In 10.6, mailboxes are in: Users / yourself / Library / Mail.

If you cannot use firewire, the same procedure can be used over a network, or an ethernet connection. You will have to enable Sharing on both sides, so the Library / Mail folder can be reached from the iMac.

After the import is completed, Mail on the iMac will include a single folder called Import.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.