Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to upload photos to my pc

I am not able to upload older photos to my pc from my phone. The only photos that show up when I plug my phone in are new photos that I have just taken. I have over a 1000 photos and multiple videos that do not show up anymore. I never had this issue uploading before. I need to free up space, and I'm not sure what the problem is. Please help..

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 11:05 AM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2015 11:08 AM in response to timfromboynton beach

If you uploaded those photos in the past and left them on the phone, they will not import again. They will only do it one time, and then Windows sets an archive bit on them to show they have been imported. It is best to delete the photos from the Camera Roll once you have imported them once. Your only bet might be to go into Computer with the device connected and right-click on the phone. From there, you can enter the DCIM folder and try to drag the pictures across to the computer that way. I would import what you can first, and then delete them as you import them, using the Windows Import utility.

Mar 3, 2015 11:20 AM in response to timfromboynton beach

You didn't say you couldn't see them, you said you could not import them. Did you import some of the photos in the past? If so, that is why they will not import. I've been using an iPhone since the beginning as well, and have used Windows as well. You can hook up the phone and see all of your photos if they are in the Camera Roll whether you have imported them or not. Those are the only photos you can see on the computer. However, you can still only import the new photos, the ones that have never been imported before.

Unable to upload photos to my pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.