Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to be concerned that my iPhone is searching for devices endlessly

I bought a new iPhone 6: when I click on Settings-Bluetooth, under my one device (my bluetooth kit in my car) I see the words Other Devices and then the little circle (looks like the sun) goes round and round, as if it is seeking other devices; it does this nonstop. Why is it doing this? and do I need to be concerned that it is?

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 12:24 PM

6 replies

Mar 3, 2015 2:11 PM in response to Psych13

Psych13 wrote:

I bought a new iPhone 6: when I click on Settings-Bluetooth, under my one device (my bluetooth kit in my car) I see the words Other Devices and then the little circle (looks like the sun) goes round and round, as if it is seeking other devices; it does this nonstop. Why is it doing this? and do I need to be concerned that it is?

It is not doing it endlessly. It does it when you go to Settings/Bluetooth, presumably because it thinks you want to pair with a device, so it looks for devices to pair with.

Mar 3, 2015 2:15 PM in response to Psych13

Psych13 wrote:

No need to be concerned, although it will shorten your battery charge.

Cheers

Pete

Do I need to be concerned that my iPhone is searching for devices endlessly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.