Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shaman on Siri won't recognize a song automatically .... First I have to say to Siri what is this song playing but this is some times annoying and when I am in loud places impossible please help...

shaman on Siri won't recognize a song automatically

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 12:26 PM

5 replies

Mar 3, 2015 1:34 PM in response to George_Gogas

It looks like this may have been a feature:

"To start Shazam, simply activate Siri. Siri will start listening to the sound around you, and identify the song. This process tends to take an averge of about 7 seconds to discover a song, when it works. The other method works much more consistently."

Source: http://www.todaysiphone.com/2014/06/ios-8-feature-highlight-siri-shazam/

However, even with no other sound around me and only a song playing, Siri won't tell me the song playing and I have to ask.

Mar 3, 2015 4:33 PM in response to anypats

anypats wrote:

It looks like this may have been a feature:

"To start Shazam, simply activate Siri. Siri will start listening to the sound around you, and identify the song. This process tends to take an averge of about 7 seconds to discover a song, when it works. The other method works much more consistently."

Source: http://www.todaysiphone.com/2014/06/ios-8-feature-highlight-siri-shazam/

However, even with no other sound around me and only a song playing, Siri won't tell me the song playing and I have to ask.

That article was written before the final release of iOS 8. If I recall correctly, it may have been a feature in one of the betas but I don't believe it was ever in the final release.

Shaman on Siri won't recognize a song automatically .... First I have to say to Siri what is this song playing but this is some times annoying and when I am in loud places impossible please help...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.