Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Logic Pro X work well with OS X Yosemite?

I use Logic Pro 8 and am thinking of upgrading to Logic Pro X 10.1.1. I am currently using Mac Pro operating on an OS X 10.8.5 which is not current enough. However, in the past I had a nightmare experience of upgrading to OS X Yosemite and not being able to use my sound card and other disasters. Will the new Logic really work with Yosemite without glitches?

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), EWQL Orchestra Gold sounds used

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 12:29 PM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2015 2:11 PM in response to leib

How old is your Mac Pro? Processor speed, number of threads? How much ram is in your Mac Pro? What sound card do you have?

It also sounds like you have an older style Mac Pro where you can put 4 drives in it. Buy a 7200 speed drive, bung it in your Mac Pro and clone your current system across. Update the new drive to the current system and Logic X etc and you can go back and forth between the two ironing out any issues for very little cost and no risk to your working setup.

I have bay 4 free in my Mac Pro and I have many drives I built for this very purpose.

Mar 8, 2015 2:36 PM in response to octopi

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache: 12 MB

Memory: 6 GB

Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05

SMC Version (system): 1.25f4

Hardware UUID: 83ACD615-A179-50AC-902D-76E4FF31F5AD

I'm using Mbox 2, connected with USB

Does that change any of your suggestions?

Will Logic Pro X work well with OS X Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.