Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 bluetooth cannot find device--make sure old phone is OFF!

I solved my own problem (she says sheepishly), and thought I would pass the solution on as it was so silly. I got a new iphone 6 and could not get the bluetooth to discover my headset or my speaker. I was able to pair the iphone 6 with the car though, so knew the bluetooth worked. After verifying my headset and speakers were in pairing mode, and searching the forums for a bit in vain, I retired to the kitchen to scratch my head and ponder my next move. There on the counter sat my old iphone 4S, smirking at me. The lightbulb went on--the devices were still pairing with the iphone 4S! Sure enough, when I turned the bluetooth on the old 4S OFF, my devices paired with the iphone 6 just fine! So remember to turn the bluetooth on your old phone OFF, before pairing with the new phone. It worked in the car because, of course, the old phone was in the kitchen, out of range.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 1:25 PM

To attract other users to your solution, reply to your own post and mark it solved. You may get no points for that, but the thread will be marked as "solved" and maybe other users having a similar issue will come across that solution.

2 replies

iphone 6 bluetooth cannot find device--make sure old phone is OFF!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.