Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad not responding to any action PLEASE HELP

I've had my iPad air since halloween 2013. last week it randomly went black. at first i thought it was the power so i plugged it in and iTunes immediately notified me that it was in recovery mode and prompted me to restore and update the iPad. I clicked the restore and accepted the prompts then after downloading and extracting the software it gives me an error reading: "the iPad "iPad" cannot be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014)"

Ive been trying everyday since last friday to do this and keep receiving the same error. does anyone know about this issue and have ANY advice about it?

To add, i did go to apple yet it is out of warranty for a few months and they say that it is not an issue they are able to fix nor did they have any ideas for me other than paying $299 for a refurbished iPad.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 11:49 AM

5 replies

Mar 3, 2015 12:31 PM in response to Cristianko27

Your computer's iTunes and OS are up-to-date, and have you tried a different USB cable and computer : iOS: Restore errors 4005, 4013, and 4014 - Apple Support ?

If you get the same error with other cables and computers then it might be a hardware issue, in which case you could do the out-of-warranty replacement via Apple or try to get it fixed elsewhere (which will void the out-of-warranty option)

If you continue to see error 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your device, contact Apple for support.

Mar 3, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Doctor9fan

@Doctor9fan and @King_Penguinthank you both for your suggestions. i have Yosemite 10.10.3 and iTunes 12.1.0.50, have tried it on both my computer and on a PC running Windows 8.1 with a new usb. I have stumbled upon every single article on the issue(i would think) yet none of it works for me. This was kind of a last resort since i am not one for forums but it seems like my port may be bad from everything that i am reading. I wish i would have gotten apple care+ now 😟

Jul 26, 2015 10:46 AM in response to Cristianko27

Hey Cristian,

I know that it has been months since you last posted here, but I wanted to check in with you because I am having the exact same problem as you. Did you ever figure out a fix? My ipad 4 went blank, wont charge, i get error 4014 and Apple told me they cant fix it. I agree it sounds like a port problem. Hoping you arent going to tell me that you took them up on your $299 offer or bought a new one! Thanks!

iPad not responding to any action PLEASE HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.