Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't turn on Wi-Fi

Hello,

I can't turn on my wi-fi, I've read in different forums online and done every possible thing to try to resolve the issue but without any luck.

I have tried, reseting my PRAM, reseting my SMC, using a new location, removing the wifi completely and starting a new one, trying to reset my Kext.I think it's a software problem and not a hardware problem since my bluetooth is working fine, (read online that it's the same cables as the Wi-Fi).

I have a MacBook pro 2011, 15 inch, 8gb Ram, 10.10.2, 2,2 ghz intel core i, 1333 mhz DDR3.

Problem with Wi-Fi occurred prior to update to 10.10.2.

Problem occured while using computer and not from dropping it or anything like that, was just surfing the web and suddenly stopped working.

Please help! So tired of this..

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 1:13 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 2:22 PM in response to davidborjesson

Sorry, it appears that you are describing a problem with your MacBook Pro.....but you posted....apparently by mistake....in the support forum for the Apple routers pictured below:

User uploaded file

If you are having problems with your MacBook Pro, then you will get a much faster and more informed response if you post in the support forum for the MacBook Pro which is linked just below for your convenience.

MacBook Pro

If you have a question about one of the Apple routers pictured above, we can likely help.

Can't turn on Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.