Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad air 2 key board does not consistently display or function

I Upgraded to an iPad air 2. The keyboard inconsistently displays when I am typing emails, or working inside an app. It also is much slower to "load" when it does mangag to appear. is this a known problem? Do I need to adjust a setting?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 12:17 PM

3 replies

Mar 4, 2015 1:50 PM in response to WLK2015

Hi WLK2015,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you’re running into an intermittent issue with the onscreen keyboard not appearing on your iPad Air. If you occasionally use a wireless keyboard with the iPad, the article linked below may explain why the issue is occurring.

Onscreen keyboard doesn’t appear in iOS after using a wireless keyboard - Apple Support

If you aren’t using a wireless keyboard with the iPad, try restarting or restoring the iPad.

This article will walk you through the process of restarting your iPad.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

And, you can use the article as a guide for restoring the device.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Cheers,

-Jason

iPad air 2 key board does not consistently display or function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.