Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It appears "save as" was removed in the creation of Yosemite. How can I save a spreadsheet as a new document and then change all the data

"save as" was removed in the creation of Yosemite (File > Save as) How can I save an existing spreadsheet so that I can modify the data, rename it , and save it as a new document?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 11:47 AM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2015 1:14 PM in response to Ruppy59

Well, in Pages for instance (also tried it in Text Edit), if you will hit the Option key while hitting File in the menu bar, you will note that "duplicate" suddenly changes to "Save As". This was removed by Apple in ML or Mavericks and later reinstated as an available option (thank goodness). That has worked for me in all the apps I use.

Mar 3, 2015 3:20 PM in response to rkaufmann87

rkaufmann87

To address the first part of your response; as unnecessary as it was; save as has not been gone for years!! It is predicated on the operating system in play on ones computer. The software that I was using as recent as six months ago had a "Save as" option in the menu bar. Further, as you may have noted in "babowa's response it is clear that it still exists to this day in apple's most recent software "Yosemite 10.10.2. This appears to be true whether talking about numbers or pages (apps.) Oh, and by the way I am employing the most recent versions offered by Apple! Your car may be five years old but I am sure you still find it very useful. Case and point; it's not gone!!!

It appears "save as" was removed in the creation of Yosemite. How can I save a spreadsheet as a new document and then change all the data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.