Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

account security

Apple keeps sending me email, says my account has been used for purchasing some music on Apple Store. However, I checked my account online, neither credit nor debit lose anything. So, I am wondering what actually happens?

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 11:54 AM

4 replies

Mar 5, 2015 8:38 AM in response to Eric_D_L

What does the email say ?

All that Apple will send you is an emailed receipt for purchases, they don't send you emails saying things such as 'if you didn't purchase it then click here for a refund' - and genuine iTunes emails will tend to be personalised (not 'hello', 'dear customer' etc) and be written in proper grammatical language. And if nothing show on your account's purchase history then that makes it more likely that it's phishing attempt.

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a phishing email then forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

account security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.