Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to install downloaded iOS upgrade.

iOS 8.1.3 has been downloaded to ipad2, but will not install. avail. memory: 31.4GB, Model: MC987LL/A, current iOS version: 8.0.2. Continue to receive error message "An error occurred when installing iOS 8.1.3". How do I get this upgrade installed?

iPad 2, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 2:11 PM

Howdy Ray,

If you still haven't been able to install the 8.1.3 update, I would use this section of the following article to help you out, named:

Resolve issues with an over-the-air iOS update

If you can't connect to iTunes, you can make room for the update by removing content on your device that you don't use. To remove content, tap Usage Settings in the Software Update screen. Learn how to see the space used by your apps and their content.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 2:11 PM in response to rayfromathol

Howdy Ray,

If you still haven't been able to install the 8.1.3 update, I would use this section of the following article to help you out, named:

Resolve issues with an over-the-air iOS update

If you can't connect to iTunes, you can make room for the update by removing content on your device that you don't use. To remove content, tap Usage Settings in the Software Update screen. Learn how to see the space used by your apps and their content.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Unable to install downloaded iOS upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.