Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete ringtones

I bought a ringtone on the Iphone 5c just to see how they were, and it somehow popped up twice or i somehow bought it twice by accident. But now i can't find anyway to remove the ringtone from the list where you select the ringtone you want. Is there anyway that i can remove these ringtones from the list so that they are no longer there. Please this is very frustrating, i do not want these ringtones anymore and i would VERY much want them removed from my phone.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 1:32 PM

3 replies

Mar 4, 2015 1:57 PM in response to Questions16

Hello Questions16,

If you are having issues deleting a purchased ringtone off of your iPhone, you may find the steps outlined in the following article helpful (Note: you will need to be synced to iTunes):

Ringtones/Tones

Open the section below for the device you are using.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You can't delete purchased ringtones or tones directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. But you can delete them by syncing to a computer with iTunes, then following the instructions for Mac or PC below.

Mac or PC

If you delete a ringtone or tone from iTunes, you'll have to pay again to download it from the iTunes Store. Just to be safe, back it up somewhere on your computer.

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the Library pop-up menu, choose Tones.
  3. Click the ringtone or tone you want to delete.
  4. Press Delete on your keyboard.

How to delete content you've downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

can't delete ringtones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.