Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently restored my iPhone 4s from back-up after being reset. An app that I had turned off in back-up did not show up in my recent resoration. I forgot to turn that app back on. Would there be any way I would be able to get the data from that app?

I recently restored my iPhone 4s from back-up after being reset. An app that I had turned off in back-up did not show up in my recent resoration. I forgot to turn the app back on. Would there be any way I would be able to get the data from that app onto my phone? Is it possible to put an old back-up on my phone?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 2:13 PM

8 replies

Mar 3, 2015 2:19 PM in response to LukaPetranovic

LukaPetranovic wrote:

Hello anita4323.

I hope this will help you with your problem:

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

You can restore your backup whenever you want from iTunes or iCloud, depending where you made it.

Let us know if you succeeded or need any further help.

I believe you are missing the point. The OP has already restored from back up, but failed to include a specific app in the back up and is trying to recover data for it, which in this case is not possible.

Mar 3, 2015 2:22 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I believe you are missing the point. The OP has already restored from back up, but failed to include a specific app in the back up and is trying to recover data for it, which in this case is not possible.

Excuse me for my mistake than, if the OP is trying to restore data for app than iCloud might have data for that app saved, but if she is talking about whole app than I believe that it is not possible to get it. Except by redownloading it.

I recently restored my iPhone 4s from back-up after being reset. An app that I had turned off in back-up did not show up in my recent resoration. I forgot to turn that app back on. Would there be any way I would be able to get the data from that app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.