Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to transfer playlists from my old iphone into itunes so that I can then add them to my new iphone 6. However, none of the playlists on my iphone appear when I connect to my macbook. I have read other threads but have not found answer. help!

I am a group exercise instructor and rely heavily on my playlists. My old phone is an iphone 4s and I just bought an Iphone 6. I also have a macbook where I keep my itunes account, but I create all my playlists on my phone. I need to transfer those playlists from my old iphone into itunes in my computer so that I can then add them to my new iphone 6. However, none of the playlists on my iphone appear when I connect to my macbook. I have read other threads where the suggestion was to attach the old phone to itunes, find the phone in itunes and click the little arrow to the left to show the playlists. Then right click on the playlist and export it, saving it to the desktop, to then import it into itunes. However, in my case, the playlists do not show up when the phone is connected to itunes. I have clicked on the little arrow and all I get is "music", "purchased", etc., but none of my playlists. I'm sure some years back I probably deleted something in my itunes library and now none of my playlists show. Please help me. I would hate to have to recreate all of my playlists. Thank you! 😕

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 4:23 PM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2015 6:55 PM in response to Chris CA

I know it sounds weird, and that is the reason I posted my question. Because my case is not like all the ones I've found online and it's confusing. I added a screen capture of my itunes with my old iphone (the one that houses my playlists) connected to it.

My playlists "ARE" in my iphone 4s. They are still there even though they do not show up when I plug in to itunes in my computer.

When connecting my phone to itunes on my macbook, the playlists do not appear anywhere in itunes. I have found my connected iphone icon, I have clicked on the arrow next to it and it does pull up the standard lists that come with the iphone/itunes: Music, Movies, TV shows, books. That's it! below that is "Genius" and below "Geniuns" is "PLAYLISTS" but the only playlist of mine that shows there is one that I created several years back titled "90's music" and that one I created it on my computer, not my phone. Under "90's music" there are also other standard playlists that itunes automatically adds.User uploaded file

Does anyone else have this issue or know how to get around this. I am starting to think that I am going to have to recreate these lists on my computer 😢

May 21, 2015 7:09 PM in response to Margi919

Thank you for all of your help! I managed to get all the playlists back into iTunes just by opening iTunes with the new library and then using iRepo X to transfer all the playlists back. It worked!!!! They got transferred back perfectly, just as they used to be, with only one playlist that was empty because the album in question was deleted off of the harddrive.

You need the full version of iRepo X to transfer songs, but the trial version works just fine and transfers all the playlists with no problem. I am so glad!

Thank you again!

I need to transfer playlists from my old iphone into itunes so that I can then add them to my new iphone 6. However, none of the playlists on my iphone appear when I connect to my macbook. I have read other threads but have not found answer. help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.