Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot reinstall iTunes - 64bit version on Win7 computer

When trying to install (actually reinstall) iTunes (itunes6464setup) as an administrator (Windows7), the install ends with the following message:" iTunes Installer completed. Errors occurred during installation before iTunes could be configured. Your system has not been modified. To complete the installation, run the installer again. Click Finish to exit the installer" The same message results with each successive try.

I've found the instructions on how to uninstall iTunes after already deleting parts of iTunes and therefore did not uninstall the components in the proper sequence. I suspect that is a big part of my issue.

I've deleted all the folders associated with iTunes as mentioned in the instructions - none exist on my computer anymore. I've done a search for anything containing "iTunes" and "apple" and removed all that I could manually.

I've disabled anti-virus software prior to trying the install - no help. I've "cleaned" the registry and used utility programs to make sure I have no other issues.

At this point I am at a loss and would appreciate any help - short of reinstalling windows itself. Thanks in advance.

iPhone 4S, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 1:55 PM

There are no replies.

cannot reinstall iTunes - 64bit version on Win7 computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.