Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped Wifi connection, can't reconnect

After over a year of working perfectly fine, my Ipad 4 dropped its Wifi connection earlier, and I can't re-connect. Every time I enter the password (it is correct), I get "incorrect password" or "failed to connect to network". I reset the network settings and general settings, nothing helped.

iPad, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 3:31 PM

6 replies

Mar 4, 2015 8:04 AM in response to DizzyIzzy46

Your router isn't fine just because some other devices are connected. Your router is a computer. It has processes that can hang or crash. Some of these processes are necessary to connect devices but not needed for connected devices (e.g., the DHCP Daemon). Restarting your router is a reboot and will correct these problems.

Give it a try. Also try: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPad.

If nothing works test your iPad on some other networks. If it has problems there it may have developed a hardware problem and needs repair.

Dropped Wifi connection, can't reconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.