Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting photos from phone and not computer

Hi there,

I am upgrading from a IPhone 4s 16gb to a IPhone 5s 16gb. I have synced my iPhone 4s to my Mac OSX mountain Lion (v10.7.x), All my photos are backup on the computer from my IPhone 4s.

I want to be able to keep the photos on my computer but start using my iPhone 5s synced to the computer without moving the old photo on to my new IPhone 5s. I want to be able to take new photo's and videos and add them to my current library on my computer without compromising the existing one.

Should I move the old photos to a different directory so when my new IPhone syncs again it wont overwrite the old and only save the new?.

At the moment when I try to sync my new iPhone 5s from my 4s it gives all contacts and apps but since they are the same size I cannot complete to transfer as 4s is almost full up on storage and so is the 5s.

I just want to be able to keep my old photos on the same system but my iPhone 5s with al my old data except the photos without having to remove them.

Please ask for more info if I have missed anything thanks.

regards,

Rory

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 4:02 PM

4 replies

deleting photos from phone and not computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.