Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad2 won't shut down even when i press the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time.

I can't shut down my ipad2 even when i press and hold the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 3:53 PM

3 replies

Mar 4, 2015 5:15 AM in response to King_Penguin

I held it down for at least 20 sec. The Apple logo appeared, the screen goes black but the slider bar to shut down does not appear. When I press the home button, the screen that appears is an enlarged view of the keypad from the phone. There is a message but I can't read it. When I move my finger across the screen, the word disabled is in the message, but it's so large, and it won't stay on the screen.

Mar 4, 2015 5:54 AM in response to sandrafromohiopyle

If the screen appears to be zoomed in, then does tapping the screen with three fingers zoom you back out ? When zoom is on you should also be able to scroll around the screen using three fingers on the screen.

If you are seeing the keypad then that should be for the iPad's passcode, I assume that you have one set ? If the iPad is disabled then I wouldn't expect the keypad to show.

Ipad2 won't shut down even when i press the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.