Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro circa 2008 tower DVD/CD drive flap stuck open

I just hit the open button to open the drive by mistake and when I closed it the door flap did not come down.

The drive itself does load a dvd okay no problem there.

I have the Everything Mac book so I can open it up no problem - any one else have a stuck flap problem?

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 4:42 PM

That silver flap moves UP into the space, not down.

If you remove the optical drive enclosure, the flap mechanism will be in plain sight against the front wall. It may need some lube, it may be bent, or it may have a broken spring.

3 replies

Mar 4, 2015 6:33 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Grant Bennet-Alder wrote:

That silver flap moves UP into the space, not down.

If you remove the optical drive enclosure, the flap mechanism will be in plain sight against the front wall. It may need some lube, it may be bent, or it may have a broken spring.

What I will try first when the weather is less weathery (so I can open the window) is to dust it out with canned air - as I noticed the disk platform accumulated dust 😕 even though always kept closed. Have put a strip of paper over the drive door for the moment.

Mac Pro circa 2008 tower DVD/CD drive flap stuck open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.