Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Macbook Pro Hard Drive Repair Help Please

Cause of the mistake, i was being dumb and wanted to use my backup timemachine drive for an external drive, so I dragged the timemachine folder out of it and tried to empty the trash can, half way through I realized that it was trying to wipe my whole back up of my computer which would have been forever. So I panic, force shut off the computer, disconnect the drive and restarted the computer. My drive says 200 gb free when I know there is 400 left. So obviously the trash files are still around in my hard drive.
Did a disk verify and there is something wrong and the computer wants me to reboot and use repair upon rebooting the mac. I haven't done this in a while so I'm not sure if it's expecting me to have a backup from time machine.... the one i just fatally "deleted" or if it gets rid of the trashed files. Can someone help me please before I lose A LOT of work.

Update : And let's say I did need a back up, then if I just backed it up right now, with the missing but still taking up space files, would I still get those files in the back up or no?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 6:13 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Macbook Pro Hard Drive Repair Help Please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.