Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Themes

I read that each theme includes its own colors, font, bullet styles, and background. I can't find anywhere in Keynote or in Google searches anything that shows examples of what each particular THEME will look like. The simple first slide small picture in "Keynote Choose a Theme" isn't enough information for seeing the differences and selecting a theme. Is there a resource that is more helpful?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 4:36 PM

5 replies

Mar 4, 2015 6:46 AM in response to Gary Scotland

It seems that you are showing me how to edit a theme. I just wanted to see what comes with the theme choice when they say each theme includes its own colors, font, bullet styles, and background. Maybe that's what they meant - that we can edit each theme with color, font, bullet styles & background after we choose one. Those tiny theme pictures don't show me enough to help choose among a few dozen themes. Do those themes have any other differences or is it just what you see in those tiny pictures?

Mar 4, 2015 11:28 AM in response to hank3333

I just wanted to see what comes with the theme choice when they say each theme includes its own colors, font, bullet styles, and background.

Using the inspector is how you see the options available. for each theme, the possibilities are unlimited.

Do those themes have any other differences or is it just what you see in those tiny pictures?

Each theme has 12 different slide masters available: View > Edit Master Slides

Mar 4, 2015 5:07 PM in response to Gary Scotland

I appreciate the help but we're not on the same page. I know about the customization that's possible. I was only looking for help making the initial choice of a Theme. Since I can select colors, pictures, etc, I wasn't getting what the real differences are between all the different Theme choices. It would be nice to see an example of a few slides in each Theme instead of just those small pictures with each one showing something different. A written description should accompany each Theme.

Keynote Themes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.