Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 4S won't connect to the Wifi

I have an iPhone 4s and ever since saturday, it has been disconnecting itself from my wifi connection. Every other device in my home are working perfectly fine on the wifi connection, it's just my phone that connects and disconnects to it.

iPhone 4s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 5:55 PM

4 replies

Mar 5, 2015 10:27 AM in response to BallaBabyLala

Hey BallaBabyLala,

If you are having issues with connecting and maintaining a connection to Wi-Fi, then take a look at the article below to walk you through some simple troubleshooting and resets to get it back up and working again. If you still are having issues, let me know so I can offer some additional advice.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

Take care,

-Norm G.

Mar 6, 2015 11:51 AM in response to BallaBabyLala

Took my iPhone 4s to Apple Store today,& tho they were very nice it appears that the problem can't be fixed.I was imformed it was likely a hardware problem & tho Apple are aware it's a wide spread problem, they are choosing not to address it. I was told they could replace my phone for I think it was £159.00, & get new iPhone 4s ! I'm very frustrated & dissapointEd to be treated so dismissivly by such a big successful company . A bold warning informing users of risks when updating to iOS 8.1.3 would have gone some way to help.As it stands ,we are left with a phone that doesn't perform half of its tasks, but as a pensioner am unable to upgrade .

Mar 6, 2015 12:05 PM in response to burnxburn

burnxburn wrote:

Took my iPhone 4s to Apple Store today,& tho they were very nice it appears that the problem can't be fixed.I was imformed it was likely a hardware problem & tho Apple are aware it's a wide spread problem, they are choosing not to address it. I was told they could replace my phone for I think it was £159.00, & get new iPhone 4s ! I'm very frustrated & dissapointEd to be treated so dismissivly by such a big successful company . A bold warning informing users of risks when updating to iOS 8.1.3 would have gone some way to help.As it stands ,we are left with a phone that doesn't perform half of its tasks, but as a pensioner am unable to upgrade .

It has nothing to do with the iOS. If it did, then all iPhone 4S units would have the same issue when running the same iOS. It's a hardware issue. And it's been around (although it is not 'widespread') for many years. This very forum has this as a known issue going back to at least iOS 5. A search of the forum's past threads would show you this.

Your device is outside of its hardware warranty. Your option is to either buy a new iPhone at full price, or take advantage of the out-of-warranty option that Apple offers, which is not a requirement by Apple. Most companies do not offer this as an option.

You haven't been treated dismissively. You have been presented option that are perfectly in line with the warranty conditions, which were available for you to review prior to initial device purchase. If the terms of the device's warranty were not suitable for you, then you should not have purchased the device.

However, there may be additional options to you if you are in the UK.

http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

My Iphone 4S won't connect to the Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.