Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up old time capsule to work with UVerse Router

I have a 3rd generation TC and need to connect to UVerse Router.I only need one

network. am using sys.7.5 on old iMac. 2006 I have Ethernet cable.
Please help. Thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 5:52 PM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2015 6:30 PM in response to floyd451

am using sys.7.5 on old iMac. 2006

Do you mean the iMac is running OS X (10.7.5)?

Do you still have the MacBook Pro using OS X (10.9.x) displayed in your tagline?

I only need one network

Not sure if you mean that you want both the Uverse and Time Capsule to use the same network name.....or.....whether you only plan to use one device to provide a network, either the Time Capsule (which will far outperform the Uverse wireless), or the Uverse.

If both the Time Capsule and Uverse will use the same wireless network name, they will need to be separated by at least one room or more.

Mar 3, 2015 7:08 PM in response to floyd451

Suggest that you use the Mavericks Mac to set up the Time Capsule.

Power up the Time Capsule for a few minutes

Hold in the reset button on the back of the Time Capsule for 10 seconds and release

Allow a full minute for the Time Capsule to restart to a slow, blinking amber light

Connect an Ethernet cable from one of the four LAN <--> ports on the Uverse router to the WAN "O" port on the Time Capsule

User uploaded file

Click the WiFi icon at the top of the Mac's screen

Look for the listing of AirPort Base Station

Just below that, click on Time Capsule

The illustration below shows an AirPort Extreme. You will see Time Capsule

User uploaded file

Clicking on Time Capsule will open up the setup wizard. It will take a minute to analyze the network, then display a window that looks like this, except that you will see a Time Capsule icon. Since the Time Capsule will run circles around the Uverse wireless, I I assume that you are planning to turn off the wireless on the Uverse router.

User uploaded file

Network Name......Enter a short, simple name for the Time Capsule wireless network

Base Station.........Enter a short, simple name that you want to call the Time Capsule

Password..............Enter a password which will be used for the Network and Base Station

Verify.....................Enter the password again

Click Next

The setup utility will configure everything for you. When you see the message of Setup Complete, click Done

That's it.

Setting up old time capsule to work with UVerse Router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.