Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DRM change w/ Yosemite?

Hello. I've used the Seagate Satellite wireless for two years now able to view iTunes movies, no problem. However, since yosemite, DRM code was changed

so cannot view movies. I contacted Wondershare software( dvd ripper), and was told by them apple won't allow DRM code to be released. Seagate won't respond to me anymore. Any thoughts on why apple would do this and is this all about the cloud. If the cloud, many areas w/ no internet and my kids would like to view the movies. Any thoughts welcomed.

thank you in advance.

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 9:10 PM

8 replies

Mar 4, 2015 6:54 AM in response to Chris CA

Good Morning,

Yes, in fact with Yosemite and the iOS upgrades, the ability to view video from any device(seagate, WD, etc), which allowed for bluetooth viewing on an iPad, is no longer available. In fact, just a moment ago I attempted to rip a movie from iTunes onto wondershare and the response was that the DRM could not be removed. So, there is an issue. Google DRM change w/ Yosemite/IOS8 and you will see the comments. I am not the only one. My point of this is if this is an attempt by Apple to corner the market on the cloud, it is a wrong approach. I spent the summer in Canada and Alaska and can tell you there are vast stretches of area that DO NOT have the internet. So, if one has children(like I do), and are traveling, the ability to view movies, tv shows, etc., comes in handy as a parent. If Apple would allow a SD card insert on the next iPad I wouldn't be so concerned, but they have not to date. Enjoy your day.

Mar 4, 2015 7:13 AM in response to kevin fromcamarillo

kevin fromcamarillo wrote:

Good Morning,

Yes, in fact with Yosemite and the iOS upgrades, the ability to view video from any device(seagate, WD, etc), which allowed for bluetooth viewing on an iPad, is no longer available. In fact, just a moment ago I attempted to rip a movie from iTunes onto wondershare and the response was that the DRM could not be removed. So, there is an issue.

Not really.

It is illegal to remove DRM and cannot be discussed in these forums so there is no issue.

Regardless, removing the DRM has absolutely nothing to do with Yosemite or the drives you are using or bluetooth...

Mar 4, 2015 9:43 AM in response to kevin fromcamarillo

kevin fromcamarillo wrote:

yes it is. Apple changed their code, DRM, whatever.

"whatever"?

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about....

now, no one can view iTunes on anything other than their cloud..

Mine works great as it does for 99.9% of everyone else.

I can RIP DVDs, view & play anything/everything in iTunes on my AppleTV, iPhone, iPad, computer, with or without iCloud/ internet connection and have zero problems.

DRM change w/ Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.