Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete grey rests?

Hello All,

Im working on a piece that is using a SATB Choir. In the score editor preferences, I have created a custom staff style:

User uploaded file

However, in the score there are grey rests where notes (that take the full value of the bar) are:

User uploaded file

How it works is that I have set the top notes of the treble clef to Channel 1 for soprano, the bottom notes of the treble clef to channel 2 for Alto, the top notes of the bass clef to channel 3 for tenor and the lower notes of the bass clef to channel 4 for bass.

I cannot seem to make the grey notes disappear as they appear as seen above when I export the score to PDF.

I have tried many things:

1) set the 'Rest' category in image 1 to 'Hide' but this eliminates all of the rests so it was unfavourable

2) change the staff style to 'Piano 1/3 +4, but this had the same problem

3) set the 'Rests' to 'Hide' and insert the rests manually, this didn't work because the rests didn't go where i placed them and was very time consuming

Please try help me solve this problem!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 5:41 PM

There are no replies.

How to delete grey rests?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.