Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Devices Disabled Popup March 2015

I bought my Mac Book Pro brand new just last year so it should be working fine, and it's up to date with software (OS X Yosemite). Today I randomly got this popup reading "USB Devices Disabled - Unplug the device using too much power to re-enable USB devices" when I only had my USB cord connecting my laptop to iPhone 5S plugged in. I do this all the time and have never had a problem in the past, but now it won't charge or sync with iTunes. I tried restarting the computer and doing a SMC reset as well, but nothing has made it work. I don't have an Apple Store in my city and it'd be quite a trek to have to go to one in another town because I don't have access to a car right now, so I'd really prefer if this problem could be fixed without having to go to one of their stores. Can anyone offer some advice?

Also -- my Logitech mouse is a USB and I tried plugging that in to test and it works fine (doesn't get error message) so I know it's something specific to the phone.

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.3, iPhone 5S

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 7:54 PM

1 reply

USB Devices Disabled Popup March 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.