Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't play video after iTunes 12 update?

My problem is that my video files require Quicktime to be played, and iTunes out of nowhere since the new update says QuickTime incompatible with this iTunes version. That's really stupid. The only solution seems to be a downgrade, or is there another way for me to play my videos?

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 8:48 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 12:54 AM in response to EKasis

I think you need to install iTunes for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards) and QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows. The first is a 64-bit installer for the 32-bit version of the core iTunes application, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes prior to 12.1. This version can talk to QuickTIme.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates if you have any problems uninstalling or reinstalling.

When there is a new build of iTunes wait for the version at the first link above to be updated and install from that rather than downloading the newer all 64-bit version, as that will likely have the same issue.

tt2

Can't play video after iTunes 12 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.