Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to make a copy of a physical disc

I've created a blu ray disc via FCPX, and have burned a copy. How can I make a disc image from the physical disc, so that I can make additional copies?

I made a blu ray version of a video, and I have the blu ray disc. I no longer have the original files from FCPX (my computer got wiped out in an earthquake), but I'm trying to make an additional copy of the blu ray disc. When I tried opening "Disc Utilities" and clicked on "New Image," and selected "CD/DVD Master," I got a disc image with ".cdr". When I tried to burn it, I got an error message saying that there wasn't enough space on the blank blu ray. The .cdr image shows it to be 24.22GB.

I tried creating a "burn folder" on the desktop, but cannot seem to drag and drop from the original blu ray the necessary files.

Do I need to purchase Toast in order to accomplish this, or is there another way to create a blu ray disc image?

Any help will be appreciated.

Gary

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), OWC 1 TB 800 FW Drive, OWC 3 TB 800

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 8:57 PM

You can try Toast - I've used it to copy a video DVD to another DVD (however, it was not bluray, just a regular HD); note that Toast will not work if trying to copy commercial DVDs.

3 replies

Mar 5, 2015 9:13 AM in response to babowa

Thanks Babowa,

I had Toast on my old computer, and ended up installing it on my new computer, and it worked.

(By the way, I have the newest version of Mac OS, and I installed Toast 11 Pro. Upon the initial installation, I got a message that an updated version was available, so I downloaded and installed it. It works fine with my new computer. Others have had their own experiences with Toast and Yosemite.)

Unable to make a copy of a physical disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.