Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print from iPad with airport and no internet or macsomething

I Am not very tech savvy but was asked to set up a photo booth by someone for a party they are having, I am going to use the simple booth app with my iPad as the camera interface and want to able to print pics instantly, unfortunately my new canon pixma mx392 is not AirPrint capable and I do not want to buy a new printer, I may set this up at multiple locations, question is: will an airport server such as express or extreme get print signal from iPad so that I can plug my printer into the airport via usb, while not using wifi or a computer? Basically plug in airport to power send print signal from iPad and have signal sent through airport to printer via usb connection? If not can anyone suggest how I can do this, being possibly at other peoples houses, I don't want to have to use their wifi or lug a computer around as all I have is a 27 inch imac. Thanks for the help

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 9:03 PM

Sorry, but no. For a non-AirPrint printer, you would have to use a third-party solution, like Printopia, to be able to print from your iPad to this printer ... and Printopia will require a Mac to run on. Also your iPad would need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network in order to send the print job through the Mac to the printer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2015 9:03 PM in response to Slipknotfan67

Sorry, but no. For a non-AirPrint printer, you would have to use a third-party solution, like Printopia, to be able to print from your iPad to this printer ... and Printopia will require a Mac to run on. Also your iPad would need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network in order to send the print job through the Mac to the printer.

Print from iPad with airport and no internet or macsomething

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.