Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not all everything can connect to my network

I have several items in my home connected to my network. 2 MacBooks, an iPhone, an iPod and a printer. Today one of the MacBooks was not connecting to the internet but was connecting to the network. I did a network diagnostic, restarted my airport extreme and restarted the computer. It connected to the internet, but now my iPad and iPhone will not connect to the network. This happened a few times before and suddenly corrected itself. I don't understand how one computer, overnight, suddenly can't connect but the others still do, then, when I get that one to connect I lose service on other devices. Can someone explain this and tell me how to keep it from happening again? I'm getting tired of constantly having to set up a new network over and over to get everything to work again.

PowerMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Airport extreme

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 6:32 PM

5 replies

Mar 4, 2015 3:48 PM in response to LaPastenague

I decided to reset the airport extreme and it solved my problems. Is it common for the setting to change overnight and screw things up like that? How does something like this happen if nobody goes in and changes settings??? It seems like everything works fine for 6 - 8 months and then things change to where I can't get everything to work. If I reset the Airport and set up a new network it fixes everything for another 6 - 8 months.

The modem is a Motorola Surfboard. I don't know what mode it's in but it works fine every time I set up a new network.

The Airport Extreme is connected to it via ethernet cable.

The network setup assistant sets up everything of me but I noticed the settings are DHCP, I don't now what NAT is. I'm not an I.T. guy.

Mar 4, 2015 4:25 PM in response to Jmbruno3

There are a number of things that mess up routers.. bad power is a big one.. routers do not like power dips and spikes..

The airports of late also just have not been that reliable and the latest OS can also cause trouble.

Once you do the setup save the configuration.

With the airport highlighted in the utility... go to the top menu area and select export configuration.

User uploaded file

Then if things go wrong you can quickly import a working config.

Not all everything can connect to my network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.