Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Progress Indicator - Markers Problems...

the progress indicator in the playback controls isn't working how it should. the yellow ring that's supposed to follow the hand around fills up half way when the hand gets to "9 o clock" and fills up completely at "3 o clock". So it's either. Empty, Half-full, or completely filled over the course of each marker. Not a huge deal but quite annoying on the longer markers. any idea what the problem might be? thanks!

OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mainstage 3.1

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 6:47 PM

8 replies

Sep 30, 2015 10:38 AM in response to kinsam

Does it work ok if you change the object type to something else, like a meter or fader? (click the progress indicator, go to layout mode, change the appearance > control to another type). The progress indicator is just a visual look for the on screen object, it is separate from the how the mapping chooses to display itself.

Sep 30, 2015 4:47 PM in response to rc tech

Actually I tried this out on an old MacBook Air that I had and was able to see the problem as well and it seems to be a display math bug. I know this is going to sound a little bit crazy, but it should fix the issue.

1. Right click on MainStage 3 to zip it in order to back it up

2. Right click and show package contents

3. Open up Contents/Frameworks/MAWorkspace.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Shaders/

4. Launch TextEdit

5. Drag the file ProgressFill.fs on to TextEdit

6. Select all the text and replace it with:

#ifdef GL_ES precision mediump float; #endif varying vec2 pos; uniform float percent; uniform vec4 color; uniform vec4 inColor; #define M_PI (3.1415926535) void main() { float position = mod(atan(-pos.x,pos.y), 2.0 * M_PI) / (2.0 * M_PI); float select = smoothstep(percent, percent + 0.002, 1.0 - position); gl_FragColor = mix(color, inColor, select); }

7. Save

8. Launch MainStage

Progress Indicator - Markers Problems...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.