Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have you ever forgotten your phone somewhere?

I have no idea who to talk to or how to go about introducing a new product idea. Iphones are pretty **** expensive so to leave one at a table when eating out or on a store shelf or such would be devastating. The solution could be a wedlock device. Imagine having a keychain bobble that would alert you when you are 20 or so feet away from your phone. Now would be even better of your phone would also let our a nice alarm, like maybe a siren. That would be awesome if someone were actually stealing your phone. As they run away the siren sounds so you know who took it. It would be adjustable to, so you could set it to 20 feet, 40 feet or such. And also turn it on and off as easily as the "do not disturb" feature. Now imagine branching out and making other wedlock devices such as something to slide on your watch band, or something to clip onto your belt loop. I think this would help many people save their phones. I would love to have one.

iPhone 5s, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 8:36 PM

9 replies

Mar 4, 2015 6:48 AM in response to Community User

Such devices already exist, usually in the form of small BT enabled tags. Pebble Smart Watches also can be set to notify you if you get to far away from your phone. And, at the risk of breeching the prohibition on speculation, Apple will shortly be releasing their own watch, so......

I've found that a belt clip is a simple, low tech solution to this sort of problem. However, as an adult, I've become pretty good at not leaving important things like my wallet and my phone on restaurant tables and store shelves.

Have you ever forgotten your phone somewhere?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.