Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does itunes turn down the volume of my bounced tracks?

User uploaded fileWhen I bounce tracks from logic, the the songs sound relatively the same in itunes. I usually bounce as 320 kbps mp3s, and they sound just as loud as they do in logic (I know basic mastering with limiting and compression). However, when click on "get info" for my tracks, each one has a negative volume level under the "file" tab (shown in the screenshot picture attached, the volume is at -3.3dB). It's funny, because in all of my songs that I did not use limiting in the mastering process (before I started getting decent at producing) the volume was not effected at all in itunes. I shared these songs directly to itunes, rather than bouncing them first as a good quality file and then importing them from the desktop into itunes. Any idea why this is happening to my songs that I master correctly and bounce? Thanks so much to anyone who can answer.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 7:55 PM

First,

In iTunes preferences.... under playback. Make sure Sound Enhancer and Sound Check are Not enabled.

Second, In Logic's bounce dialog set "Normalize" to Off.

4 replies

Why does itunes turn down the volume of my bounced tracks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.