Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Joining wireless networks before login for Single Sign in

Just wondering if anyone has a solution to an issue which has been discussed on the forums but so far I've not found a definitive answer.

Essentially we have MacBook Pro's which use a wireless network to authenticate against a Windows AD server at login, however the Mac's are not joined to the wireless network at login so fail to authenticate as no network is available to establish the connection.

We have tried using Mobile accounts and also deleting the wireless keys in the keychain but this still hasn't provided us with a consistant solution. I understand the problem is focused around the keychain which stores the wireless keys and some comments have been made that as the keychain is not available until login - the wireless will be unreached able to the login screen.

It does appear that the wifi keys are actually stored at system level and not user so I would have thought the keys would be available prior to login but would appreciate any advice/comments.

One final point, 802.1x is also suggested as a possible solution but this seems rather complex as this requires the need for Radius servers and certificates to acheive this - might be useful is anybody could point me to more info on this if it is indeed a possible solution.

MacBook Pro's are running Mavericks - 10.9.5.

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:10 AM

1 reply

Joining wireless networks before login for Single Sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.