Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i put music from library into a playlist?

Help! I'm trying to put music from my library into a workout playlist and it's not working. I've done this before, but it's not working today.

iPod classic

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 6:41 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 7:04 PM in response to 2precious4u

1. Click on the Music icon
  2. Click on Playlists - this will open the sidebar that lists all the available playlists in your library. The "standard" playlists that you can add songs to manually are indicated by the musical note icon:
    User uploaded file
    next to the name.
  3. Select the items (albums and/or individual songs) that you want to add to the new playlist
  4. Drag and drop to the playlist

User uploaded file

As an alternative to step 4, you can right-click on the highlighted items, select Add to Playlist and then pick the new playlist from the list displayed:

User uploaded file

Note that this works with regular playlists, not with Smart Playlists (which are populated based on the rules defined for them) or for playlist folders (which are just containers for playlists or other playlist folders). In the second method you can see the playlist folders (greyed out), and any smart playlists (identified in the sidebar by the "gear wheel" icon) are not listed.

how do i put music from library into a playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.