Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reason 8.1 will not ReWire slave to Logic Pro X? Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi folks,

I'm running the latest version of Logic Pro X (10.1.1) and the latest version of Reason (8.1) on a brand-new Retina iMac running Yosemite (10.10.1).

Prior to this, I was running Reason 6.5.3 and I also have a copy of Ableton Live 9.1.7. (On the same brand-new iMac, to be clear.)

Here's the problem:

Old Reason (6.5.3) would enter ReWire Slave Mode with Logic Pro X with zero issue. Same goes for Live 9.1.7. But once I upgraded to Reason 8.1, it won't do it anymore. I'm doing the obvious things:

-I open Logic first, before Reason

-I've made sure that CoreAudio and ReWire are turned on in Logic's Audio Preferences pane (I've also tried toggling both on/off)

-I've made sure that both programs are running 64-bit (although I did try running Reason in 32 as an experiment)

-I've downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of ReWire (1.7, I believe -- might be remembering that version number incorrectly)

-I've tried all of this with and without my Reason Ignition Key in a USB slot

No matter what I try, though, Reason never slaves itself.

It WILL slave itself to Ableton Live, though. So, to be clear:

-Live will slave to Logic

-Reason will slave to Live

-Reason will NOT slave to Logic

Am I overlooking something really silly here? I'd love to find an answer to this question so I can get back to my usual workflow ASAP!

Thanks very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Adam

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 8:21 PM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2015 3:42 PM in response to MinqVaadka

Hey Adam,

I am also having rewire problems with Reason 8.1 into Logic 10.1.1 and as you experience it's not with Reason into Ableton or Ableton into Logic (although Ableton has crashed a few times this way). Everything worked fine for me up until I downloaded the latest Logic download last week.

Is your Reason loading up as normal in stand alone mode? For me, Rewire either works perfectly (10% of the time) or I get the error message 'Engine not responding. Please check your Rewire host'. I have tried reinstalling Logic and have checked lots of forums but cannot find any concrete answers.

It's kinda driving me crazy as I'm in the middle of a project so would like to get it sorted asap! Let me know if you find anything! M

Reason 8.1 will not ReWire slave to Logic Pro X? Anyone else experiencing this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.