Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Library is empty. Anyone have a solution?

About a week ago, when I logged into iCloud Photos, I got the message "iCloud Photo Library is empty" suddenly. Not sure what happened, but there are no photos in iCloud, but I do have photos in my Photos application on my computer, as well as on my iPhone. If I try to upload a photo to iCloud Photos, the photo uploads fine, but is not visible in iCloud Photos, but is visible on my iPhone. Help!!!!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:31 PM

4 replies

Mar 8, 2015 8:58 AM in response to pas6409

Ok, I called Apple and found a solution. For right now, since the iCloud iPhoto Library is still in beta, you have to log into iCloud.com, go to Photos, then click on 'Upload' and manually upload the photos from your computer into the iCloud Photos. I'm sure as iCloud iPhoto Library progresses, they will start to just upload automatically, but for now, this is the answer.

Also, iI think that soon we will be able to go to System Preferences>iCloud>Photos>Options and check iPhoto Library to tell our computers to automatically upload, but for now, this is not an option.

iCloud Photo Library is empty. Anyone have a solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.