Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 brand new iPhone 6s hang and freeze after iTunes backup restore

Hi All!

About 2 months ago I purchased a new 16GB iPhone 6. I previously had the iPhone 5 and had all my data backup up with iTunes on Windows 7 (which resides on my MacBook, and access via VMWare Fusion).

The iPhone was immediately much slower than my iPhone 5 and this startled me. Nonetheless, the new iPhone 6 was still accessible and allowed me to work for another month or so. Around 2 weeks ago, the phone just become slower and slower and would hang on practically any app I open, native or third party. People would call me, and I wouldn't even receive the calls! I would try and call someone, press the contact number to no avail, and about 5 minutes after, the call suddenly starts!

I contacted Vodafone, and they decided to give me another new iPhone 6. I restored my backup onto this other brand new iPhone, and instantly it began freezing and hanging! Vodafone told me that this means I may have something wrong with the SIM card if the same symptoms are happening on both brand new iPhones. The nano SIM was changed and this did not resolve the issue! Both iPhones kept freezing and hanging.

I was instructed by Vodafone to restore one of the new iPhones and insert the SM card and check whether the phone works without having and data on it. Voila'!! The iPhone worked perfectly!

In other words, the issue seems to be the backed up data that resides on my iTunes (Windows 7 VMware). Has anyone here experienced such an issue? The strange thing is that when these phones are being restored via iTunes, no errors come up saying that there is a problem with the backup. Everything runs smoothly, until the phones simply start hanging and freezing immediately.

Is there a way how I can check the backed up data? Could VMWare be the issue? I would appreciate some solutions!

Thanks a million! Andrew.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 11:45 PM

There are no replies.

2 brand new iPhone 6s hang and freeze after iTunes backup restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.