Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TG Pro; the fans appear to be not working properly; exhaust

Hey Guys,

I have a macbook air 2008 original(quite old i know)

I bought it second hand from a friend of mine.

I noticed after a while of watching movies or anything on VLC or Quicktime, the video starts lagging like **** and the whole computer slows down,

The temperature of the MBA is also very high during this time.

So i purchased the TG pro software and the diagnostics say that 'these fans appear not to be working properly; exhaust.

The sensor and shut down are all okay.

So i dont know whether i would need to change the fans or i could do something else to make it work.

Any suggestions guys?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 4:00 AM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2015 12:19 PM in response to Ubayd911

Hello Ubayd911,

If you have questions or concerns about the operating temperature or fan operation on your MacBook Air, you may find the information outlined in the following articles helpful:

Mac notebooks: Operating temperature - Apple Support

Learn about the fans in your Mac - Apple Support

If you still have concerns, you may want to take your machine in to have it evaluated and/or serviced. You may find this page helpful:

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Mar 6, 2015 10:07 AM in response to brenden dv

Thanks for the reply Brenden.

I understand how the macbook air fans work, howerver i have not been able to get my head around the issue that the exhaust isnt working, i opened up my macbook and checked everything.

The fan ran okay from what i saw, howerver TG pro is saying the fans appear not to be working properly; exhaust.

What exactly does this mean?

Thanks

TG Pro; the fans appear to be not working properly; exhaust

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.