Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I record my Casio keyboard

I have an iMac running 10.9.5 with Garageband 10.0.3. I'm completely new to GB. I connected a Casio keyboard using the USB port, and GB says 1 midi input is detected. GB will not record via the USB connection; it records only through the built-in mic. The only options for input in GB are "system setting" and "built-in mic". I've tried both of those. In System Preferences/Sound there is just "built-in mic" and no other options. How do I disable the built-in mic and record via the USB connection? (I checked the Casio instructions, and they mention something about downloading a data manager driver to the computer; but when I went to the web site link I could not find anything having to do with a data manager driver.)

GarageBand 10, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 9:09 PM

4 replies

Mar 5, 2015 11:41 AM in response to razdog144

Do you want to record the *sounds* of the keyboard (audio recording), or have the keyboard trigger the sounds in GB (midi recording), which are then recorded in GB. If you want midi, and use the sounds in your Mac, use Gary Scotland's advice. If you want to record the sounds of your keyboard, you may need an audio interface if your Mac has no audio inputs.

(You also may need a sofware instrument track, not a real instrument track)

how do I record my Casio keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.