Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with Match!

Mac product Neewbie here! 😕 I can not find new music in itunes using match, based on the type of music I already have downloaded in itunes? Is there a way? I got Match with this sole purpose? I can't make it work on my PC. I downloaded everything. When I click on Match, it brings up all the similar music in my itunes account. I want to get new but similar music. Any ideas?? What am I doing wrong? I also have an ipad that I have not tried match on yet.

null-OTHER, Windows Vista, Dell

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 11:10 PM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 11:01 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi Jim, Thank you so much for your reply!! No, not radio..I just cant figure out how match works, I've already bought & downloaded. I was under the impression that match helped you find music to purchase based on your personal taste in music? Am I wrong? I uploaded the "Match" button..and it completed. but now i cant find anything that says match at all! i am so frustrated. What have I done wrong? Any ideas..

Mar 31, 2015 11:53 PM in response to juliespilates

Hi,

The main purpose of iTunes match is to make your music available on all you computers and ios devices. It uses the music in your itunes library and it is matched with the version on Apple's servers. Tracks not matched are uploaded.

ITunes match does not provide recommenditions. However iTunes store provides Genius recommendations.

Jim

Need help with Match!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.