Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Mid 2012 Running Slow/Lagging

Hi Folks,

I bought my mac in 2013, last quarter after which the RD version of this 15" pro was unveiled and production of this stopped.

The configs of my Macbook pro are mentioned below:

User uploaded file

& HardDrive: 500 GB

For some reason i have noticed this from the past couple of months that it runs very slow and lags when i open multiple applications and particularly when i use heavy applications such as Photoshop, Picasa, open All the MS-Office apps (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) together and so on and so forth. Ideally i would have thought that a processor i7 is capable of handling such loads without any hassles and that I made a right choice by purchasing an i7 processor to cater to my different kinds of needs. But this macbook seems to be testing my patience as it lags with that colorful wheel constantly rolling in the background even when i use the simplest of apps (such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Preview, Itunes etc).

Any help or assistance on how can i boost the speed of my macbook pro i7 with 4GB ram? Also I would be glad if somebody could advise if its possible to install SSD in my macbook in replacement of normal HDD and how?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 2.3 GHz i7 Processor, 4GB Ram, 15"

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 11:15 PM

1 reply

Macbook Pro Mid 2012 Running Slow/Lagging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.