Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete a shape from Pages document

Hi

Created a document in Pages, added some shapes, saved document, now a few days later want to delete certain shapes from that document but cannot select shape to remove it. Read Pages Help, searched online but cannot find any information on how to do it, so, please how do I delete a shape?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:29 AM

Normally, a mouse pointer is an I-Beam when you move it around in a Pages document with no objects. When it crosses over an object, it changes into a black, northwest pointer. It will do this for shapes, and text boxes alike, grouped or ungrouped, and even if the object is invisible. When the mouse pointer changes, click once, and the object is selected. Then the delete key.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 3:29 AM in response to Frinton Fogey

Normally, a mouse pointer is an I-Beam when you move it around in a Pages document with no objects. When it crosses over an object, it changes into a black, northwest pointer. It will do this for shapes, and text boxes alike, grouped or ungrouped, and even if the object is invisible. When the mouse pointer changes, click once, and the object is selected. Then the delete key.

how to delete a shape from Pages document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.