Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio settings of cinema display keep on changing

With my macbook air, I use an LED cinema display (connected via USB). When I open System Preferences>Sound>Output I find that the balance of the display audio is set entirely to the right. As a result, the display speakers do not function properly. I then move the display audio to the middle and it works normally. But when I reopen system preferences after restarting the macbook, the balance of the display audio will again have moved to the right.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 1:16 AM

4 replies

Mar 5, 2015 11:47 AM in response to FAMR

Hello FAMR,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that the speaker balance is seemingly automatically reverting to right side balance when connecting or disconnecting from your external monitor. To begin troubleshooting, I would suggest resetting the PRAM on your MacBook Pro. To complete this process, please follow the steps outlined in the attached article.

OS X Mavericks: Reset your computer’s PRAM

Have a great day,

Joe

Mar 6, 2015 7:08 AM in response to AppleJoe

Hello Joe,

Unfortunately, resetting the PRAM did not resolve the problem. The display audio balance continues to automatically revert to right side balance when I shut the macbook down and start it again. This also happens without disconnecting the external monitor.

In addition, I now realised that the iSight camera of the external monitor is not working (although the little green light next to the camera is turned on). Would these two problems be connected?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best,

Alexander

Audio settings of cinema display keep on changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.