Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my usb sticks (formatted with FAT 32) are not known at all by my new macbook pro

I have bought a new macbook pro. As I want to put in an usb stick (USB 2.0, formatted with FAT 32) the computer does not know the stick at all. All settings in the Finder regarding USB are set right, I habe checked it. In my windows computer the stick is working well. There is a diode light in the stick, that shows me if there is power. In the windows pc this diode is burning, in the mac it is not. Also in the mac hardrive-support-program there is no stick listed. The same situation is also with different sticks I tried.

But: When I connect a disc drive in the same USB-slot in the mac it runs well. The same situation I will find at the other USB-slot in the mac

I would appreciste, if you ca support me with a solution.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 2:40 AM

3 replies

my usb sticks (formatted with FAT 32) are not known at all by my new macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.